One question which every regular traveler receives from newbie travelers is “ How To Prepare for an Air Travel”. In this post, we will be discussing how every new traveler should prepare and plan for traveling by air.
Tips for Traveling by Air
1. Every new traveler should always make enquires and also make researches about air travel to avoid any aviation glitches or issues on his way. Making inquiries about traveling is indeed one of the best ways by which you plan for your trip or vacation via air.
2. As a person who is traveling for the first time with air transport, you may not be conversant with the rules, regulations, and guidelines of aviation companies and airlines. You may have booked a flight with Ethiopian Airlines for a summer vacation which will take you from Lagos to New York. Some airline has placed a ban on the carriage of batteries, toothpaste, and sharp objects on their airline. You are expected to check the rules and regulations of the airline which you have boarded and know the things that they accept and the items and things which they reject on their airline.
3. For Your own safety, you should make a thorough and critical check on the items which you carry in your luggage. At times, people are being tricked and used to carry contraband materials by strange people whom they met at the airport. You shouldn’t leave your bag and luggage in the custody of any stranger as they may hide items like hard drugs, marijuana, cocaine, Indian hemp, guns, knives, syringes, scissors, heroin and even machetes in your bag.
4. Make sure that you get to the airport at least, 2 hours before takeoff. For Instance, if you are taking a flight by 10 am from Lagos to New York in Muritala Mohammed International Airport, you are expected to arrive at the airport by 8 am or earlier. This is for you to know if any changes have been made or not.
5. Traveling by air is cool but at times, it can get bored for you if you are a new traveler. You could sleep off or get tired of looking at the clouds outside of the window. You should save yourself such boredom by bringing along things which will entertain you and keep you busy during your travel like iPads, Jotters, Notepad, Chess, Cards, Game Consoles etc